{Sarah} Catered Crop: Washi Tape

>> Saturday, July 28, 2012

I freely admit to everyone (except my husband), that half of my love for scrapbooking is the excuse it gives me to shop for supplies.  I am such a sucker for pretty little packages, so of course I have jumped right on the washi tape bandwagon.  There are so many gorgeous designs to choose from, and as more and more manufactures are creating decorative tape to coordinate with their lines... well, let's just say there is way too much temptation out there!



So I have been happily accumulating a little stash of pretty washi tapes...and trying to come up with creative ideas for how to actually use it.  That is why I was so excited to see this week's recipe swap over at the Catered Crop - Washis Up.  

Supplies used - October Afternoon patterned paper, alphabet stickers,
 label stickers, American Crafts cardstock & thickers, Basic Grey glazed brads,
 Carolee's Creations mini alpha stickers, Studio Calico die-cut stickers

Linda put together a fabulous inspiration board of ways to use washi tape, but in the end, I used my tape in a really basic way on this layout.  One of my favorite things about washi tape is that in addition to being pretty and decorative, it is also functional - as adhesive (that is wonderfully re-positionable!)


And if you need, or want, to add to your own washi tape collection, make sure you link up an entry to this week's challenge because one lucky winner will be receiving a $25 gift certificate from Chickydoddle!


3 comments:

Lisa Elton July 28, 2012 at 3:41 PM  

This is adorable Sarah! Love your mix of patterns and the creative way you've used the tape!

Rebecca Mosher July 30, 2012 at 9:22 AM  

This is such a cute page! I love how you turned the photos into Polaroids, but a little "backwards" by framing the photos with the patterned paper. Just enough embellishments to make the page "pop" but not enough to become overbearing :)

donna mikasa July 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM  

such a fun layout! the washi tape adds so much color!

Post a Comment